Monday, January 13, 2014

No Secrets


Yesterday I had a conversation with one of my contemporaries (60 +) about senior discounts. She's looks and acts younger than her years. I asked her if she ever goes for the "senior discount". She said she asked for a discount for the Long Island Ferry and they "proofed" her - requiring that she provide her driver's license before they reduced the price of the trip. I love the idea of being "carded" at our age. I may have to start requesting the senior rate everywhere I shop, just to see what they do. I make no secret of my age. And when someone asks, I share beauty secrets - do you? Here's one. I use shampoo only once a week, washing my hair with conditioner in between, sometimes preferring to only rinse my hair in the shower. And I only wash my face at night, rinsing with water in the morning shower and immediately running for the moisturizer before I even dry off. I've been doing facial exercises since I was 25.  I told you, "No Secrets..."

5 comments:

  1. How great to be carded at "our age" : > I really enjoyed your simple beauty secrets, and I also shampoo only once or twice a week. You look lovely, and thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are lovely. I bought the Facercize tape over ten years ago. Have I used it? No, not really. To think how youthful I might look if I had been using it. I guess part of the challenge is the exercises are on VHS, not something I use anymore. May I ask, what facial exercises you do, and do you think there's a chance to turn back the clock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Watch for a coming post - and Yes! We can always find something to make us look and feel better!

      Delete
  3. What kind of facial exercises do you do because you look great.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Watch for a coming post - I'll explain what I do the best that I can.

      Delete